MPA Singapore Revokes Panoils Bunker Craft Operator Licence

first_imgzoom Bunkering company Panoil Petroleum will no longer be allowed to work as a bunker craft operator in the Port of Singapore after the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) revoked its licence.The decision, which takes effect from August 14, 2017, comes on the back of MPA’s checks conducted on the company between January and March 2017.The checks, which were undertaken as part of MPA’s on-going regulatory efforts to ensure the safety, reliability and quality of bunker supplies in Singapore, revealed that unauthorised alterations were made on board five bunker tankers operated by Panoil Petroleum. The unauthorised alterations were made on the pipelines of the bunker tankers between the Mass Flow Meters (MFM) and the flow boom.“Such alterations allow bunker fuel that have been measured by the MFM to be siphoned out and undermines the accuracy of the readings from the MFM system. The unauthorised alterations breached the terms and conditions of Panoil Petroleum Pte Ltd’s bunker craft operator licence,” MPA Singapore said.last_img read more

Cabinet approves contract for Security Guard Services

first_img Related Items:#magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppKingston, Jamaica, Febraury 3, 2017 – Cabinet has approved the procurement of private security guard services at health facilities in the North East Regional Health Authority (NERHA).  The contract totalling $321.78 million was awarded to Marksman Limited for a period of three years.Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, made the disclosure during a post-Cabinet press briefing at Jamaica House on February 1.  Providing a breakdown, Senator Reid said $207 million is for St. Ann(Block A) and $114.76 million is for St. Mary and Portland.The NERHA was born out of the National Health Service Act in 1997 and the Government of Jamaica’s Health Reform Programme, which saw the decentralizing of health service delivery.   Under decentralisation, the management of the delivery of health services shifted from central government (Ministry of Health) to four semi-autonomous bodies – the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs).The RHAs have responsibility for the operation and management of health services within a defined geographic area. The NERHA comprises the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland. The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting Recommended for youlast_img read more

RR Donnelley Press Exploring Sale

first_imgThe memo refutes some of the framing of that article however, claiming that it was Press+ who initiated discussions around a sale several months ago. Founders Steven Brill and Gordon Crovitz would not comment directly, but their memo says they’re looking for international opportunities and new markets that RR Donnelley doesn’t offer at the moment.”Press+ might be better able to take advantage of the opportunities offered for international expansion and—with our new video meter—expansion into new content markets by having a home with a different kind of partner,” they say.Brill and Crovitz also hint at possible expansion under new ownership.The group, previously known as Journalism Online, has grown rapidly in the two-and-a-half years since it was purchased by RR Donnelley for a reported $35 million. With less than 30 clients at that time, Press+ now says it has about 450 with more on the way. A London-based business development director was hired in June with the intent of expanding the company’s presence internationally.The move would ultimately be a minor one for RR Donnelley which generated $2.6 billion in net sales for the third quarter and acquired Consolidated Graphics for $620 million last month.The Press+ platform, launched in 2009, is based on a freemium content model. Visitors get a set number of stories (usually around 10) for free and are asked to pay for access to more.The memo from Brill and Crovitz:You may have seen, or will see, a report from Ken Doctor [of Nieman Journalism Lab] that RR Donnelley is “shopping” Press+. Although “shopping” is not accurate, what is going on is that a few months ago we began discussing with RRD the possibility that now that we have grown so fast, Press+ might be better able to take advantage of the opportunities offered for international expansion and – with our new video meter – expansion into new content markets by having a home with a different kind of partner. At the same time, RRD could be rewarded for its early investment. (Remember: when they bought us, we had just a dozen or two launched Affiliates.) Put simply, they’v been an ideal partner, and this is a possibility we are exploring together.Nothing is certain. We are under no pressure to do anything; we are simply considering various possibilities. And if we do change or add partners, the two of us aren’t going anywhere (and, if anything, in this scenario the staff would probably be expanding more quickly).We will keep you posted, but don’t expect any big announcements soon. And please keep this confidential. Steve and Gordon *Editor’s note: Folio: is a Press+ client.RR Donnelley’s digital paywall platform, Press+, is on the market, according to an internal memo obtained by Folio:.Nieman Journalism Lab broke the news that the company was being “shopped” on Wednesday.last_img read more

Zaira Wasim quits Bollywood Jihadi to regressive celebs lash out at the

first_imgZaira WasimInstagramUnless you’ve been living under a rock, you’d know that Zaira Wasim announced her decision to quit Bollywood and acting on Sunday. While Zaira’s decision to bid adieu citing ‘Allah’ and ‘Imaan’; was lauded by many; the same philosophy has irked many. Celebs like Raveena Tandon, Tasleema Nasreen, Payal Rohatgi and Vivek Agnihotri lashed out at her decision to pull out.Payal Rohatgi questioned whether she would turn into a jihadi. She tweeted, “I hope that this child now grownup Indian Muslim actress #ZairaWasim who says she quit Bollywood as it interferes with her religion doesn’t become a #Jihadi tomorrow under the same ideology . After all she is an #Indian so I am sharing my concern on public platform. #JaiShriRamShe went on to call her a ‘kattar muslim’ and an ‘andh bhakt’. “#ZairaWasim is an AndhBhakt & a Kattar Muslim She has quoted from Quran means this #Regressive thought process is in Islam Islam is a regressive religion where women are NOT equal to men I am so glad to read this #JaiShriRam #PayalRohatgi,” she tweeted.”Did #ZairaWasim pass out from #Madrassa ? As these days I see disturbing videos of Maulvi trying to molest Muslim girls Also former actress Nagma a Muslim ? If yes why is she working in politics ? She is interacting with men & roaming without Burqa #MondayMood #PayalRohatgi,” she further tweeted.Tasleema Nasreen tweeted, “Oh My Goosebumps! Bollywood’s talented actress Zaria Wasim now wants to quit acting because she thinks her acting career almost destroyed her faith in Allah. What a moronic decision! So many talents in the Muslim community are forced to go under the darkness of the burqa.” (sic)Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri tweeted, “Of course @_sabanaqvi we must not judge choices of #ZairaWasim but in the age of Artifical Intelligence we must question the book that orders an individual to quit ‘ARTS’ to make peace with Allah.”Raveena Tandon tweeted, “Doesn’t matter if two-film olds are ungrateful to the industry that have given them all. Just wish they’d exit gracefully and keep their regressive views to themselves.”Well, we feel, at the end of the day, the decision to stay or leave the industry was hers to make and one should respect the decision she has made, irrespective of whether or not we agree with her reason behind quitting.last_img read more

Sadek replaces Nanak Golap in place of Nasim

first_imgAFM Bahauddin Nasim, Abdus Sobhan Golap, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Sadek KhanRuling Awami League has dropped a number of heavyweight leaders from the list of party nominations for the 30 December national election.AL joint general secretary Jahangir Kabir Nanak has been replaced by general secretary of Dhaka city (north) unit Sadek Khan at Dhaka-13 constituency while party’s office secretary Abdus Sobhan Golap replaced organising secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim at Madaripur-3.Earlier on Sunday morning, ruling AL general secretary Obaidul Quader started distributing letters to the aspirants selected to contest the upcoming 11th parliamentary elections.The nomination seekers said they received phone calls on Saturday to collect the nomination letters from the party office.last_img